Friday 7 October 2011

Wedding shoot 1 (Meynall Ingram)



I have a couple of wedding commissions coming up over the next Month where I hope to improve my photography and hopefully develop my style a little further

I have been contacted by a local couple to photograph their wedding at a local public house the Meynall Ingram Arms at Hoar Cross which is licensed to facilitate a civil wedding service

I will be photographing the wedding and guests over a 3 hour period on Nov 12 2011. This job will be a small wedding as opposed to a traditional white wedding and will be concluded by 5.30pm. The majority of this wedding will be shot indoors so I will be using a considerable ammount of flash for most of the photographs. The couple only want me to provide the images for the wedding and they will be be providing printing ,albums, books etc

Shown below is the wedding photography brief that I have received from the bride.


The Brief

"The venue is The Meynell Ingram Arms in Hoar Cross.  The only thing is the date of the wedding is the 12th November so we may be losing a bit of light that time of year, but hopefully it won't be too dull.

We only have around 30 guests and I am just looking to get plenty of photos of their lovely outfits and happy faces!  We don't get married until 3.30pm so we won't be arriving at the venue until 2.30pm.  The guests have 2.30pm as there arrival time so some snaps of them arriving, us arriving just after, the ceremony and some grouped family photos after will be great.  I would also like photos of the exterior of the venue, the reception room with the tables all laid out and the cake.  Obviously plenty of me and my partner too!! It really won't be a stressful job and you can be all wrapped up for 5.00pm, as that's when we sit down to eat.  
  
Let me know if you want to chat about the details further.  I can give you a list of the family members I want to group together e.g brides family and grooms family. I will arrange to get the photos printed so I just need them on some kind of hardcopy, either disc or flash drive"  


I have researched the venue on the internet to get a feeling of the place and to study the size of the venue, available lighting,room sizes etc. Shown below are some pictures of the venue which have supplied me with a large ammount of information before I have even visited the place






I have agreed with the client to meet at this venue next Saturday afternoon to discuss all the details of the wedding and to assess lighting conditions which will be similar on the day of the wedding at this time of day in a few weeks time

No comments:

Post a Comment