Saturday 16 February 2013

Zach Gold



Im in the proces of studying world renown fashion photographer Zach Gold. Zach Gold began his professional photography career soon after graduating with honors from Parsons School of Design. Shortly after he was selected by the New York Art Directors Club as one of the top 100 artists in New York City under 35 years old. He was one of the first artists in the world to successfully blend the subtle complexities of both camera and computer to produce photorealistic digital art. Articles about his groundbreaking work have been featured in Vogue.com, French Photo, Rojo, Photo District News, Creativity, AdWeek, Bild, Profifoto and many others 

I have a passion for digital art and want to combine some of my digital photography with the world of fashion. I would like to emulate some of the style from this photographer and will be creating photography of a similar nature over the coming weeks

I will be photographing some models in the college studio and out and about at different local locations in my local area. The weather is a governing factor at the moment but as the weather warms up in early spring I hope to be phtographing many local models

Shown here are some of the images that have inspired me





A lot of the the images created by this photographer have been manipulated mainly using different layers and textures using the software Photoshop





I have a very good knowledge of textures and blend modes using photoshop and will be using theses techniques to modify my fashion shoot images

Over the next month I will be concentrating on producing some really good fashion photography images to add to my portfolio

I will be trying to introduce some of this kind of style into my own photography

In the studio I will be using mainly a 4 light setup, 1 main 500 watt key light and 3 more additional heads to produce some funky images

I have placed a casting call for models on the model agency website Pure Storm and the response is normally quite good

I find that with fashion photography the lighting rules go straight out of the window,
you can use a variety of different lighting from harsh to soft light styles from Rembrandt to horror and low to high key

I will be using various coloured gels on various lights throughout my shoots which give more interest and added variation to just a plain normal shot

Shown below is some of Zach Gold's work





No comments:

Post a Comment